Here is some helpful information on the 2015 Beach Retreats. If you have further questions, let me know! To sign up, call or text Kendra at (803) 433-4755 to reserve your spot, or you can email her KendraDeKay@gmail.com. A $200 non-refundable deposit will be required to hold your place. When I have your deposit, I will send you a Participant Packet that will include the required forms (also downloadable below), a schedule, maps… everything you need!
- November 2nd – 5th arrive Monday afternoon, check out Thursday late morning
- November 5th – 8th arrive Thursday afternoon, check out Sunday late morning
Location: Amelia Island, FL (about 4.5 hr drive from Aiken)
Cost: $585 per person
- 3 nights of stabling for one horse (each additional horse $90)
- 3 nights accommodation for one participant in shared 4 bedroom beach house
- Experienced guidance for fun and safety with your horse on the beach
- Welcome Dinner on arrival night, snacks provided throughout retreat
- Photos of you and horse on the beach… memories for a lifetime!
- If you would prefer to get your own private accommodations (hotel, etc) and not stay in the shared beach house, the cost is $390.
Non-refundable $200 deposit necessary to hold your spot. If you have to cancel for any reason, your money will be refunded ONLY IF your spot can be filled. After all participant spots are filled, you may be placed on a waiting list with a $200 deposit.
Horses will stay at the Horse Hotel at Plantation Oaks Farm in Callahan FL. This is about 40 minutes from the beach and offers safe clean facilities including 10 x 15 stalls, ample trailer parking with good in and out, restrooms, and two arenas. They also host weddings at this lovely property; if there is not an event going on during our stay we may also have access to their event room (nice in case of rain or very hot weather). We are responsible for providing bedding, food, and care including feeding and cleaning stalls into provided wheelbarrows. Please see REQUIRED FORMS section below for the paperwork necessary to travel to Plantation Oaks. I recommend bringing individually bagged & labelled meals for your horse and slow feeder hay nets.
The shared beach house is right on the beautiful North Ferdandina Beach! It has four bedrooms, a washing machine, TVs, full kitchen, lots of space indoors and lots of room to park cars. Participants who do not wish to stay in the shared house, no problem! You can get your own hotel room, etc. and the price of the retreat will be discounted accordingly.
The first week of November is usually very nice on Amelia Island… the temps are on average 70’s during the day and 50’s overnight, and the summer storm season is passed. Generally the beach is less crowded. BUT… this is northern Florida, and so nothing is guaranteed! Please pack for cold, hot, temperate, and rainy weather, and note that we cannot refund or discount the retreat price for inclement weather.
REQUIRED FORMS (all of these are included in Participant Packets)
- Boarding Agreement/Release Form for Plantation Oaks Farms
- Horse Trailer License Application (required for vehicles parking at the beach)
- KDES Release Form
- Current Negative COGGINS required (within one year of travel)
- Current Health Certificate required (within 1 month of travel across state lines)
- Horse’s Vaccination Record required
LINKS & ADDITIONAL INFO
Plantation Oaks Farms (where horses will be staying in Callahan, FL)
Directions to Plantation Oaks from Aiken, SC (approx 4 hours 20 min)
Directions to Peter’s Point from Plantation Oaks (approx 40 min)
Info about Peter’s Point Beachfront Park, Fernandina Beach, FL (where we will be riding on the beach on Amelia Island)